|GMW is still considering permitted structures for Eppalock, but welcomes feedback from Eppalock landowners. If you would like to provide feedback, please contact the GMW Leasing and Licensing team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Water storages and the surrounding land can provide for a range of community benefits, in addition to storing and supplying water for consumptive use. These benefits include environmental health, recreational use, commercial opportunities and community livability.
In areas around some GMW storages, particularly adjacent to residential areas, structures have been placed on GMW land and are licensed to landowners with land directly adjoining GMW land.
Landowners may apply for an Occupation Licence and approval to construct and/or keep privately owned structures for recreational purposes on foreshore land owned or managed by GMW.
The following privately owned structures will require an Occupation Licence (this may vary per storage), which are issued pursuant to the Water Act 1989, section 132. There may be other works not included in this list that will be considered for licensing.
- Slipway / Boat Ramp
- Jetty - Standard (6m x 2m, fixed or floating to a max 12m2)
- Jetty - Non-standard
- Mooring Post Buoy Swing
- Landscaping elements - including any
- Paths & Steps
- Garden beds and/or retaining wall for landscaping and beautification
- Entertainment area (eg. paving or deck) no more than 9m2
- Shade sails, cover no more than 9m2
- Underground sprinklers / irrigation system
- Grassed area only – no permanent irrigation or sprinklers excepted
- Power (not related to water usage license (WUL) pump)
- Vehicle Access (foormed access track)
- Other (subject to approval and valuation)
To understand the application process, please see the Occupation license Appplication Workflow.
Occupation License Application Workflow
GMW Design Standards
To ensure that all infrastructure built on and around our lakes, dams and reservoirs meet our minimum requirements and engineering standards, GMW has developed the below Design Standards for the various structure types.
Standard Moving Floating Type - private jetty
Floating Type - private jetties on waterway banks
Transportable Type - private jetties on waterway banks
Fixed Type - private jetties on waterway bank
Technical Standard - Electrical Services Crossing
Apply for an Occupation Licence
Each of the GMW storages have allowed structures in their infrastructure zones. Please follow the links below to find out more information.
Goulburn Weir and Nagambie Waterways
Yarrawonga Weir and Lake Mulwala
Apply to transfer, vary or cancel an Occupation Licence
It is also possible to transfer or vary an Occupation Licence due to;
- change in ownership of licensees property attached to the existing licensed area
- change in name/s (Company Directors/Shareholding)
- requesting approval for additional works and structures on the licensed area
- removing approved structures
- cancellation of a licence
Application to transfer, vary or cancel an occupation licence
Application to undertake works or maintenace
This application form should be submitted to your local Storage Manager if you wish to undertake maintenance works on GMW foreshore land, including but not limited to;
- Tree maintenance or pruning
- Vegetation clearing
- Willow or exotic species removal
- Minor repairs to licensed structures
Application to undertake works or maintenance on GMW foreshore land
Protecting your privacy