At the end of each irrigation season water entitlement holders have the option to*:
*Subject to Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning rules, and applicable deadlines.
- May 10 - Last day to submit water orders to ensure delivery
- May 15 - End of gravity irrigation season
- May 26 - Final submissions for temporary transfer of groundwater applications; last day to submit land applications and delivery share applications
- June 16 - Last day to submit water share applications and interstate allocation trades
- June 21 - Final season meter reads to be entered for Diversions customers
- June 23 - Last day to submit manual applications to trade or relinquish allocations
- June 30 - Last day to submit online applications to trade or relinquish allocations via MyWater; Water Register and trading open until midday (12:00pm)
- July 16 - Last day to pay end of season accounts
- August 15 - First day of the new irrigation season
GMW provides water entitlement holders with information about their end of irrigation season options as a courtesy. Customers are responsible for ensuring they undertake the necessary steps to carry over, use, sell or relinquish their unused water allocation before the appropriate deadlines.
The water dictionary (opens in a new window) available on the Victorian Water Register website can help water entitlement holders understand the terms associated with the end of the irrigation season.
Further information about unused water allocation options is available by phoning the GMW Customer Service Centre on 1800 013 357 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Water entitlement holders should also consider seeking professional advice from an experienced water broker or solicitor if unsure about their options.