Procurement Services at GMW
Procurement at Goulburn-Murray Water covers a broad range of portfolios including asset maintenance, construction materials and works, fleet and plant, Information Services, property and leasing and more.
Principles outlining our procurement are outlined in our Procurement Policy
GMW issues all Advance Tender Notices, Tenders and Expression of Interests via the State Government of Victoria, Buying for Victoria e-tendering portal Tenders VIC.
The Buying for Victoria supplier portal is a free service - follow this Tenders VIC to register your interest and ensure you don’t miss an opportunity to lodge a tender with us.
Lodgement of Tenders
All responses are to be lodged via the appropriate e-tender box noted in the tender documentation, by the advertised closing date and time. You should note any special requirements stated in the tender’s annexure to conditions, and allow enough time to submit your response according to the website’s instructions.
The tender must comply with the Conditions of Tender forming part of the tender or offer documents. Compliance with the Victorian Government’s Code of Practice and Implementation Guidelines for the Building and Construction Industry is a pre-requisite to submitting any tender response for all public construction tenders. Copies of the Victorian Code and Victorian Guidelines are available at the Department of Treasury and Finance.
Please note that neither the lowest nor any tender will necessarily be accepted.
For further assistance on this process please email Contracts.Tenders@gmwater.com.au
Forward Procurement Activity
Public Construction and Goods and Services tenders will be published as Advance Tender notices on the Buying for Victoria Supplier Portal at Tenders VIC.
Recently Awarded Tenders
Recently Awarded Tenders will be published on the Buying for Victoria Supplier Portal at Tenders VIC.
Questions can be directed as follows:
- Buying for Victoria online lodgement process: Technical helpdesk, Monday to Friday on (03) 9651 1671 / (03) 9651 1672 between 9 am and 5 pm AEST or email on email@example.com
- Goulburn Murray Water Tendering Process: email Contracts.Tenders@gmwater.com.au
- Technical enquiries: the contact provided for each tender in the tender documentation.
Important things you need to know
Gifts and/or Hospitality from Suppliers - As a guiding principle, staff shall decline all personal gifts, benefits and hospitality from suppliers.
GMW Purchase Order numbers MUST be quoted on all invoices
- You (the supplier) must be provided a GMW or GMW Connections purchase order number when the request for goods or services is made from GMW.
- When invoicing for payment of goods or services supplied to GMW, you must supply a GMW or GMW Connections Project purchase order number on the invoice. If your invoice is received by GMW without a purchase order included, it will be returned requesting the additional information prior to payment being made.
General conditions for the supply of goods and services
Plant Hire Prequalification Register
Goulburn-Murray Water invites suppliers of Plant Hire Services to prequalify for our Plant Hire Register. Once prequalified, suppliers are eligible to receive GMW's Invitations to Supply that will be released at certain times for various services.
You can register at our online prequalification form