We are not liable to you or anyone else for any Loss in connection with use of this Web Site or a Linked Web Site.
This general disclaimer is not restricted or modified by any of the following specific warnings and disclaimers but does not attempt to exclude liability in relation to those warranties implied by law which cannot be excluded.
"GMW" stands for Goulburn-Murray Water ABN 46 761 336 846, and includes any of the directors and employees of GMW or any of its associated entities or any other person contributing to this Web Site.
"Loss" means any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence) which may be directly or indirectly suffered.
"Linked Web Sites" means web sites of people other than GMW which are hyperlinked from this Web Site.
"Personal Information" means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
This "Web Site" means the whole or any part of the web pages located at https://www.g-mwater.com.au/ (including the layout of this Web Site; individual elements of the Web Site design; underlying code elements of this Web Site; or text, sounds, graphics, animated elements or any other content of this Web Site).
"We" and "us" refer to GMW, and "our" has a similar meaning.
Your access to this Web Site may be terminated at any time by GMW without notice. All restrictions, licences granted by you and all disclaimers and limitations of liability by GMW will survive termination, however, you will no longer be authorised to access this Web Site.
Specific Warnings and Disclaimers
You must ensure that your access to this Web Site is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you or in your location.
We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of this Web Site or a Linked Web Site. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from this Web Site is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
It is your responsibility to enquire with us directly to ensure the accuracy and currency of the material or information you seek to rely upon.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, all representations, warranties and other terms are excluded. In circumstances where warranties are implied by law and cannot be excluded, GMW's liability is limited to either the repair, replacement or reimbursement for the goods supplied by GMW or the replacement or reimbursement for the services supplied by GMW, at GMW's option.
The following uses and actions are prohibited unless prior written consent has been obtained from GMW:
- Accumulate, compile, disseminate, extract, process or reproduce in any form any web pages on the GMW website.
- Use or reproduce any GMW trademark, logo, or design on the GMW website.
- Use contact information specified in the GMW website about a person, body corporation or other legal entity to send unsolicited communications in any form to that person, body, corporation, or other legal entity.
- Uses the GMW website in any manner that hinders or prevents access to or use of the GMW website by GMW or other users.
- Use any device, process, routine, or software which either systemically or non-systematically interferes or attempts to interfere with the functioning of the GMW website, or any transaction or process conducted on or through the GMW website.
- Incorporate into or store information from the GMW website in any other website, database, publication, or other work in any form.
- Use the GMW website for any unlawful purpose or activity.
This Web Site is our property and copyright in the material on this Website is owned or licensed by us. You are provided with access to it only for your personal and non-commercial use, unless otherwise agreed with us.
Other than for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and similar statutes that apply in your location, you may not, in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this Web Site; or
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this Web Site,
without our prior written permission.
Except where otherwise specified, any word or device to which is attached the TM or ® symbol is a trade mark of GMW.
You may only use our trade marks with our prior written consent and in addition to any other conditions we may impose. If you use any of our trade marks with our consent to refer to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing that trade mark to us. You must not use any of our trade marks:
- in or as the whole or part of your own trade marks;
- in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive;
- in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including this Web Site).
Linked Web Sites
This Web Site may contain links to Linked Web Sites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. You acknowledge that links to those Linked Web Sites do not constitute any endorsement, approval or recommendation, by us of, or preference by us for: the owners or operators of those Linked Web Sites, or any information, graphics, material, products or services referred to on those Linked Web Sites.
We do not have any control over the content of Linked Web Sites and you acknowledge that we are not advertising or promoting the products or services of any third party by having a link to that third party's web site. We do not guarantee the content, quality, accuracy or currency of any information on any Linked Sites. By linking this Web Site to any Linked Web Site we are not authorising the reproduction of material on a Linked Web Site.
Material on this Web Site may contain general information about GMW products and services. Unless expressly stated otherwise, this information:
- does not constitute an offer or inducement to enter into a legally binding contract; and
- does not form part of the terms and conditions for GMW products and services.
For further information about a particular product or service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links To the GMW Website
If you wish to establish a link to the GMW website, you must first seek approval from GMW.
The following information will be required to assess your request:
- the URL of the website that you seek to establish a link from.
- a brief description of your website.
- the reason that you wish to establish a link.
If GMW agrees to your proposed link, you must comply with any terms and conditions imposed by GMW as a condition of such agreement. If the nature or content of your website changes in any significant way, you must contact GMW and provide a new description of your website.
Any material you send to us on or via the GMW website (for example, through The Hive) will be deemed to be non-confidential and non-proprietary unless it is indicated to be otherwise. This includes any data, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or other information. We will be entitled to use any such material which has not been indicated to be confidential or proprietary for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless GMW, their officers, agents and employees, from any loss, liability, claim, demand, or expenses asserted by any third party due to or arising from or in connection with your use of the content or your conduct on the website, or messages posted or transmitted by you on or through the website.
The GMW website may contain "cookies", which are small text files that contain information stored on the user's computer when visiting the GMW website.
The cookies are used for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
- Counting the number of visitors and analysing traffic.
- Accessing and logging into functions for subscriptions.
These may be "persistent" cookies that are permanent and stored on the user's computer after the web browser is closed, or "session" cookies, which disappear when the user closes the web browser.
The user can change the settings in the web browser to disable the storage of persistent cookies. Just follow the directions provided in the internet browser's technical information.