Relinquishing unused water allocation

Water entitlement holders on the Campaspe, Goulburn and Murray systems can relinquish their unused water allocation to avoid the charges associated with carryover.

There is no charge to relinquish unused water allocation.

Important dates

Water entitlement holders who wish to relinquish their unused water allocation must submit an Application to relinquish allocation (Form 41), opens in a new window to GMW before 4.45pm Friday 23 June 2020.


Water entitlement holders with access to online trading must submit an online request to relinquish allocation via the Victorian Water Register's My Water (opens in a new window) application before 5pm Tuesday 30 June 2020.


More information

Read the Electing to not carry over your unused allocation (opens in a new window)fact sheet.

Phonet he GMW Customer Service Centre on 1800 013 357


Seek professional advice from an experienced water broker or solicitor if you're unsure about your options.