Relinquishing unused water allocation

Water entitlement holders on the Campaspe, Goulburn and Murray systems can relinquish their unused water allocation to avoid the charges associated with carryover.

There is no charge to relinquish unused water allocation.

Important dates

Water entitlement holders who wish to relinquish their unused water allocation must submit an Application to relinquish allocation (Form 41), opens in a new window to GMW before 5pm Friday 28 June 2024.

Water entitlement holders with access to online trading must submit an online request to relinquish allocation via the Victorian Water Register's My Water (opens in a new window) application before 5pm Friday 28 June 2024.

More information

For more information, you can: