At census date 1 October 2021, if you hold delivery share within any of the six areas of the GMID and contribute to the cost of operating and maintaining the GMID by paying the common Infrastructure Access Fee (IAF), you are eligible to receive a benefit from water recovered by the Connections Project - the irrigators’ share.
As an eligible Goulburn Murray Irrigation District delivery share holder, it’s important you know what to expect from the distribution and what action to take.
$300 million worth of benefits will be distributed back to customers as a once-off distribution, in proportion to the amount of delivery share held.
- Customers with 0.25 ML/day or more of delivery share will be issued with water shares in October 2021 along with any water allocations which would have accrued against these entitlements since July 2021.
- Customers with less than 0.25 ML/day of delivery share will see financial benefits equivalent to the value of water shares as a credit on their GMW fixed charges bill in July 2022.
If you hold 0.25 ML/day or more of delivery share, check how much you are likely to receive in water shares by using the Irrigators’ Share Distribution calculator below to work out your approximate estimate.
What do you need to do before census date?
Before census date, scheduled for 12:01 am on 1 October 2021, make sure you:
- Check your delivery share records – Make sure your details are accurate as water shares can only be issued when the names of the delivery share holders recorded in the Victorian Water Register are exactly the same as the landowners recorded in the land titles system
- Consider your options - You may wish to check or combine your delivery shares. You can find quantities listed on your 2020/21 fixed charges account under the Infrastructure Access Fee (IAF) total.
- Contact GMW - Contact GMW if you wish to update your billing address, or discuss your Delivery Share Entity/Land Ownership, Allocation Account or Water Use Licence ownership.
It’s also important to consider the distribution of the irrigators share in any decisions made around managing delivery share, or when buying or selling land in the GMID that has delivery share.
For more information, email ISDProject@gmwater.com.au or phone the GMW Customer Experience Team on 1800 013 357.
Irrigators' Share Distribution Calculator
To check how much you are likely to receive as part of the Irrigators’ Share Distribution, please insert into the calculator your delivery share amount in ML/day, and the system where you hold your delivery shares. Please note this is an estimate only, and will be confirmed on the census date.
NOTE: For those customers below the minimum delivery share threshold of less than 0.25 ML/day, financial benefits equivalent to the value of water shares will be distributed in July 2022 as credits on your GMW fixed charges bills.