How do I trade groundwater?

Groundwater entitlement can be traded from one licence holder to another on a temporary or permanent basis throughout GMW’S region except in the Shepparton Irrigation Region Groundwater Management Area.

If you intend to apply for a licence transfer you are urged to contact GMW prior to making an application to ensure you have a full understanding of the conditions which may apply.

To find a buyer or seller, you can contact a water broker oradvertise in the local newspaper.

Specific rules for each management area can be found in the individual Groundwater Management Area/Water Supply Protection Area under our How is Groundwater Managed? page.


Links and Downloads
Link Summary Format Size
pdf 2067 Kb