The Rural Water Awards seek to recognise and reward Victorian rural water users (licence/entitlement holders) that have developed or adapted clever ideas that have led to better water use outcomes, delivering or having the potential to deliver water savings or greater productivity for their business.
Southern Rural Water, Lower Murray Water, Goulburn-Murray Water, Grampians Wimmera Mallee Water and Coliban Water have again come together to form a strategic partnership supported by the Victorian Farmers Federation, VicWater and the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning to launch the 2018 Rural Water Awards.
The awards also seek to build or strengthen relationships with customers and water corporations and to promote the understanding of what great work rural entitlement holders do with water.
Nominations were open for the following categories:
- Irrigation district water users – drawn directly from your local water corporation’s rural supply system (pipelines, channels etc.)
- Groundwater users – bore water
- Surface water users – diverts water directly from a waterway (river, creek etc.)
- Community and education group – schools and community groups that draw water from any rural water source (any of the above)
- Farm to Plate – sites that manage the whole supply chain; from production of raw produce all the way through to the retail market
There are a number of terrific cash prizes available as part of these awards.