Procurement Services at GMW
Procurement at Goulburn-Murray Water covers a broad range of portfolios including asset maintenance, construction materials and works, fleet and plant, Information Services, property and leasing and more.
Victorian Government Legislation
Victorian legislation and government policy related to purchasing. Relevant Acts and policy include, but is not limited to:
- Audit Act 1994 & Audit (Public Bodies) Regulations 2015
- Ministerial Direction for Public Construction Procurement in Victoria (Effective Date 1 July 2018)
- Local Jobs First Policy
- Financial Management Act 1994
- Water Act 1989
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004
- Victorian Government Supplier Code of Conduct
- Project Development and Construction Management Act 1994 (Public Construction Procurement)
Commonwealth Government Legislation
Commonwealth funded building and construction project activities must comply with:
- Commonwealth Building Code 2013 (Code)
- Building Code 2013 – Supporting Guidelines for Commonwealth Funding Entities (Guidelines).
GMW Policies and Procedures
- Procurement Policy and Procurement Framework
Exceptions to the Procurement Policy
The Procurement Policy excludes:
- Legislated purchases and commitments
- Employment Agreements
- Real Estate acquisitions, disposal and leases
- Emergency – GMW may enter into a contract up to or beyond the threshold limits for the provision of goods, services or works without first testing the market if GMW resolves that the contract must be entered into because of an emergency.
Principals of Procurement
Procurement at GMW is based on the following principles:
- Value for money outcomes
- Open and fair competition
- Risk management
- Probity and transparency
The GMW Connections Project
The Project began in 2007 as the Northern Victoria Irrigation Renewal Project (NVIRP). In July 2012 the Project was merged into GMW and became the GMW Connections Project. Procurement procedures and processes for the Connections Project are similar to those of GMW.
Important things you need to know
Gifts and/or Hospitality from Suppliers - As a guiding principle, staff shall decline all personal gifts, benefits and hospitality from suppliers.
GMW Purchase Order numbers MUST be quoted on all invoices
- You (the supplier) must be provided a GMW or GMW Connections purchase order number when the request for goods or services is made from GMW.
- When invoicing for payment of goods or services supplied to GMW, you must supply a GMW or GMW Connections Project purchase order number on the invoice. If your invoice is received by GMW without a purchase order included, it will be returned requesting the additional information prior to payment being made.
General conditions for the supply of goods and services
Supplier Code of Conduct
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Procurement complaints management process
To lodge a complaint regarding an aspect of the GMW procurement process, email Contracts.Tenders@gmwater.com.au
Complaints will be managed in a consistent, fair and trainsparent manner.
For information on how to submit other types of complaints, go to our Feedback page.