Don’t miss out on your share
Goulburn-Murray Water is supporting the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) to deliver the Irrigators Share Distribution Project between November 2020 and 2022.
The irrigators share is a portion of water recovered through stage 1 of the Connections Project. The irrigators share will be up to 75 gigalitres (GL) of water measured as long term annual average yield (LTAAY).
An estimate of the mix of high and low-reliability water recovery was provided to the Irrigators’ Share Consultative Committee to assist discussions, based on a forecast of works to be completed. This estimate of 4 ML of high-reliability and 1.8 ML of low-reliability water shares remains subject to confirmation and may change depending on the final works completed.
As these estimates are subject to change once the final verification of water savings occurs, they should not be used to make specific business decisions.
Delivery shareholders will receive a once-off distribution depending on how much delivery share they hold:
- Delivery share of 0.25 ML/day or more: irrigators receive a package of high-reliability water shares (HRWS) and low-reliability water shares (LRWS) from their local trading zone.
- The exact amount of water shares will be announced once they have been confirmed in the coming months. Previous estimates based on indicative data from previous audits suggest that the mix may be about approximately 4.0 megalitres (ML) of HRWS and 1.8 ML of LRWS per 1 ML/day of delivery share.
- Delivery share below 0.25 ML/day: irrigators receive financial benefits, equivalent to the value of the water shares, provided as a credit on your Goulburn-Murray Water (GMW) bill.
A census will take place via the Victorian Water Register in early October 2021, and distribution of the irrigators share will be based on how much delivery share is held on that census date.
Water shares will be issued in October 2021. This will be in time for use in the 2021/22 water season, along with any water allocations which would have accrued against these entitlements since July 2021. Due to the need to sell water shares to fund the financial benefits for those less than 0.25 ML/day, credits on GMW bills will be provided in 2022.
It’s important to:
- Check your GMW account to ensure your details are correct.
- Contact GMW if you need to update your details or restructure your water entitlements.
- Consider the distribution of the irrigators share in any decisions made around managing delivery share, or when buying or selling land in the GMID that has delivery share.
For more information, email ISDProject@gmwater.com.au or phone the GMW Customer Experience Team on 1800 013 357.