The Essential Services Commission (ESC) has now provided its final determination on the highly anticipated Goulburn-Murray Water (GMW) Pricing Submission 2020-24.
You can view our approved Pricing Submission (2020-2024) here and the ESC’s decision here.
Importantly, the ESC’s decision confirmed GMW’s proposal for a landmark reduction in its revenue requirement, enabling the organisation to reduce costs and implement several important changes to its tariff structure.
Our Pricing Submission delivers a fairer deal for all. Customer feedback has included the need for a reliable supply, credible business, fair pricing, efficient operations, responsive services and simple systems. You can expect to see this commitment and continuous improvement across all areas of the GMW business.
What does this mean for you?
During the next pricing period (from 1 July 2020 – 30 June 2024) most GMW customers will receive on average a 10 per cent drop on their bills. Some fee changes will take effect from 1 July 2020 while other changes will be implemented through a transition period.
From 1 July 2020, customers can expect:
- uniform pricing for gravity irrigation customers
- a drop in the Infrastructure Access Fee and Infrastructure Use Fee for gravity irrigation customers
- a move to system pricing for all water share owners
- service point fees simplified by treating all meters the same way; and
- a single customer charge (please note this will begin in 2021).
A snapshot of the fee changes includes:
- price reductions for almost all our customers
- efficiencies and cost reductions (without impacting on your level of service)
- reprioritised expenditure into the areas that provide you with the best value for money; and
- tariff reform.
Drawing on lengthy and in-depth customer engagement, we reached more than 10 per cent of our customer base to inform the Pricing Submission. As part of this consultation process, we achieved significant reach through more than 1000 face-to-face conversations, 3000 online visits to Your Say, 1300 customer conversations, 36 customer forum participants, 18 customer workshops, three major customer events, 34 drop-in days, 75 Water Services Committee members, one service standard summit day and two pricing and tariff summit days.