Goulburn-Murray Water contributes to our community in many ways.
If your community group, club or school has an activity or event that is related to rural water and GMW's Fundamental Commitments to partner with customers and create the opportunity to increase production in Northern Victoria over the next 20 years then we would be interested in hearing from you.
Each year GMW supports its local communities in a number of ways, including providing in-kind support through the donation of promotional items, hosting Casual Friday’s when possible and also donating staff time to assist with tours and educational presentations.
What does GMW sponsor?
While the type of support GMW is able to offer varies across the year, when considering requests for sponsorship GMW applies the following principles:
- The request is for a cause that supports GMW’s business functions of; delivering water to our region, monitoring the quality of our water, building and maintaining infrastructure and securing our water supply.
- All revenue raised by GMW is to recover the costs of providing our customers with the best possible services and therefore, financial sponsorship is not provided.
- The in-kind items provided by GMW will not be used for re-sale or financial gain by the organisation*.
We assess each sponsorship application using the criteria set out below. Please complete the sponsorship application form so we can ensure all sponsorship requests are treated consistently and evaluated against the criteria.
Every year we receive many requests for sponsorship and unfortunately with a limited sponsorship budget we cannot assist with every request.
*Please note: promotional items supplied to successful applicants are not to be used for re-sale or for financial gain. Sponsored organisations should be incorporated bodies or operate from a trust account.
GMW sponsorship criteria
There are also a number of things that we don’t sponsor which are worth keeping in mind before you complete your application:
- Events with a focus on drinking water or urban water
- Commercial organisations
- Individuals – for personal gain or self-interest
- Advertising organised for or by a commercial organisation
- Political parties
- Any group who may be subject to GMW regulation or inspection
- Anything that may lead to a conflict of interest for GMW
- Anything that involves or promotes unsafe community practices.
Please note: GMW retains the right to withdraw sponsorship at any time.
GMW's Fundamental Commitments
- Partner with our customers
- Create the opportunity to increase production in Northern Victorian over the next 20 years
- Be a high performing organisation
How do I apply?
Please complete the application form at the top of this page. It is important that applications for sponsorship are submitted in writing. All applicants will be notified in writing whether their proposal has been successful or not.
We will notify you of receiving your proposal within five working days, and respond with an outcome within four weeks. Please allow at least four weeks lead time for your event and for major sponsorships six months.
What are the timeframes for sponsorship?
All proposals are assessed by GMW in accordance with the selection criteria described above. The applicant will be notified of the outcome within four weeks of receiving the completed application form.